The Extron ISS 506 is a six input seamless switcher that accepts a wide variety of video signals including RGB computer video, HDTV and standard definition video. It combines truly seamless, glitch-free switching with advanced scaling technologies to meet the requirements of high quality, high resolution video presentations. With presentation-enhancing features such as independent Preview and Program outputs, numerous switching transition effects, logo insertion, title keying, internal test patterns, and multiple control methods, the ISS 506 is designed to deliver advanced capabilities to high-end presentation environments.
The six input ISS 506 includes four fully configurable inputs, each capable of accepting all common high resolution and standard video signals, from RGB computer video to composite video. An optional SDI/HD-SDI input is also available. The ISS 506 also provides six input stereo audio switching for unbalanced or balanced audio signals, each with independent gain and attenuation control, and also offers an output volume control.
Independent Preview and Program Outputs
For increased system flexibility, the ISS 506 features separate Preview and Program outputs. Discrete input selection for each output enables preview capability of the “next to switch” source, allowing an operator to cue material locally on a Preview monitor, touch-screen control panel, or other viewing device.
Two simultaneous Program outputs are provided for dual-screen environments. Additionally, the ISS 506 can be configured with an optional output card to suit specific system needs. Available output boards include 3G-SDI/HD-SDI, DVI, or scan-converted standard definition video.
Multiple Seamless Transition Effects
For professional transitions between inputs, the ISS 506 offers a wide range of effects including wipes and dissolves with selectable durations, as well as a cut. When the switching includes audio signals, audio cross-fading is implemented that matches the duration of the video transition effect.
Presentation Enhancement Features
In addition to seamless transition effects, the ISS 506 includes a host of features for enhancing presentations. A PIP – picture-in-picture mode allows insertion of a PIP window that can be sized and positioned anywhere onscreen, and transitioned into and out of the image via wipe, dissolve, or cut effects.
The ISS 506 also provides the capability to insert one or two graphic logos into any presentation. A corporate logo, black screen, or any captured portion of an image can be positioned and keyed into the presentation. Additionally, title keying is available for overlaying title information for I-MAG applications, or other content from any input source.
Flexible Control Possibilities
With versatile control functionality, the ISS 506 is ideal for corporate boardrooms, auditoriums, houses of worship and other live event venues. Full setup and operation is available from the front panel as well as through RS-232 and Ethernet. Furthermore, presentations can be managed using the Extron RCP 2000 Remote Control Panel.
- Truly seamless switching between six inputs with preview output capability
- Four configurable inputs on BNCs for RGBHV up to 1920×1200, component video up to 1080p/60, S-video, or composite video
- One configurable input on BNCs for standard definition component video, S-video, or composite video
- One input on a 4-pin mini-DIN and a BNC for S-video or composite video, respectively, or optional SDI/HD-SDI
- Preview output on a 15-pin HD connector for RGB or HD component video
- Program output simultaneously on five BNCs and 15-pin HD for RGB and HD component video
- Optional third Program output for DVI-D, 3G-SDI/HD-SDI, or scan-converted video – RGsB, standard definition component video, S-video, or composite video
- Preview and Program output capability
- Scales composite, S-video, component, RGBHV, and HDTV signals
- Multiple wipe, dissolve, or cut effects 26 selectable seamless transition effects are available to enhance and deliver professional quality presentations, at the touch of a button. The duration for wipe and dissolve effects are programmable to provide increased variety and further customization, while adding a high level of visual impact.
- Multiple logo insertion The ISS 506 allows the user to add one or two logos to any presentation. The logos can be created using the Dynamic Image Capture tool, or on a PC and then uploaded to the ISS 506 as BMP – bitmap image files through the Ethernet port. With 16 MB of internal image storage, up to 16 logos can be accommodated. Any logo can then be recalled for display, positioned anywhere on the image, and keyed into the display via specific RGB or luminance levels.
- PIP – picture-in-picture Allows any input to be displayed on-screen simultaneously with another. PIP windows can be dynamically sized and positioned anywhere within the image with selectable color borders, and also transitioned into or out of the image using the available wipe, dissolve, or cut effects.
- Title keying Title information or other content from an input source can be displayed over the current image. The content is keyed into the display at a selected luminance level.
- Dynamic Image Capture A special tool for creating logos on the ISS 506 by capturing any portion of an image displayed on-screen, and then storing it in memory.
- Optional SDI/HD-SDI input
- Optional DVI, 3G-SDI/HD-SDI, or scan-converted output A flexible output expansion port can be populated to support optional DVI, 3G-SDI/HD-SDI, or scan converter output boards. When populated, these boards serve as a third Program output and offer additional system capabilities, such as recording or digital signal transmission.
- Audio switching transitions A transition technique applied during switches that lowers the audio of the switched-out source while simultaneously bringing up the audio of the activated source. The duration of the audio crossfade matches the duration of the video switching transition.
- Selectable output rates from 640×480 to 1920×1200, including HDTV 1080p/60 Available output rates include computer video from 640×480 to 1920×1200, and HDTV 720p, 1080i, and 1080p/60.
- Auto-Image setup For expedited presentation set-up, the ISS 506 automatically optimizes the image by analyzing and then adjusting to the incoming source, eliminating complex and time-consuming set-up procedures.
- Ethernet monitoring and control Enables the ISS Series to be managed and proactively monitored over a LAN, WAN, or the Internet. An intuitive Web interface is included for such common functions as I/O switching, online diagnostics, and monitoring.
- Internal video test patterns for calibration and setup The unit offers several video test patterns to facilitate proper system setup and calibration of display devices.
- 16 auto-memory presets per input Each input supports 16 auto-recall memory presets, based on the incoming horizontal and vertical frequencies. These presets recall sizing, centering, detail, contrast, and brightness information for each source, saving time and effort in fine-tuning displayed images.
- Picture controls including color, tint, brightness, contrast, detail, zoom, size, and position Three memory presets are available for each input to store all image settings.
- Accepts balanced and unbalanced audio signals Gain and attenuation adjustments can be made directly from the front panel for each input.
- Audio breakaway enables independent audio and video switching Provides the capability to break away an audio signal from its corresponding video signal. Audio breakaway switching can be accomplished via RS-232 control.
- 3:2 NTSC and 2:2 PAL pulldown detection Advanced film mode processing techniques help maximize image detail and sharpness for NTSC or PAL sources that originated from film.
- RS-232/RS-422 serial control port Using serial commands, the ISS 506 can be controlled and configured via the Extron Windows-based control program, or integrated into a control system. Extron products use the SIS – Simple Instruction Set command protocol, a set of basic ASCII code commands that allow for quick and easy programming.
- Tri-color, backlit buttons can be custom labeled for easy identification Buttons illuminate red, green, or amber, depending on function, for ease of use in low-light environments.
- Front panel security lockout This feature locks out all front panel functions except basic switching and control commands; all functions however, are available through RS-232 control.
- Compatible with RCP 2000 for remote device control The optional RCP 2000 Remote Control Panel provides the hands-on controls necessary to manage a live event from a remote location. It interfaces with the ISS 506 via Ethernet, and allows the operator to select inputs, change transition effects, and make adjustments to transition duration and picture controls. The RCP 2000 is also equipped with a T-bar for manual control of dissolve speed, as well as a gooseneck lamp for low-light environments.
- Highly reliable, energy-efficient internal universal power supply The 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, international power supply provides worldwide power compatibility with high demonstrated reliability.